Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Friday, June 28, 2013
Friday, May 31, 2013
Andika hii website
AU bofya hapo chini
na Matokeo ya form six bofya hapo chini
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Wednesday, April 03, 2013
Shutdown and Restart WindowsXP In Seconds!
What do you do to shutdown or restart your windows XP? Of course you will do the following,
- Click Start Menu ->
- Then click Turn Off Computer ->
- Then you get a window with three icons saying, Stand by, Turn Off and Restart ->
- Then you click on Turn Off button to shutdown windows and Restart button to restart your system
You can surely do that by creating a Shutdown and Restart Icon on your Desktop. To do that follow the steps below,
Create A Shutdown Icon
To create a shutdown icon on your desktop do the following,
1. Right click anywhere on your desktop and select New > Shortcut
2. In the new window that opens Copy paste this command,
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00
3. Click Next and Name it Shutdown as shown below
4. You will get an icon as shown below,
Clicking this Icon will Shutdown your Windows Instantly. If you don’t like the Icon Image, you can customize it too. Do the following
- Right Click on the shutdown Icon and select Properties a window will open as shown below,
2. Click Change Icon button and choose an Icon from those available,
You can also download an icon of your choice and save it to your local drive. To use an icon of your choice simply click the browse button and specify the path where you have saved the icon.
3. Your new Shutdown Icon will look like this,
Create A Restart Icon
Follow exactly all the steps discussed above to create a Restart Icon. You only need to add a different command for your Restart Icon. Here is the code for your Restart Icon,
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -r -f -t 00After selecting an icon image you will get this,
I hope this may help you in saving time in Turning Off and Restarting your Windows.
IT ESSENTIAL PC HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE CHAPTER 15 ANSWERS01.A technician is troubleshooting a networked computer. The technician has gathered as much information as possible from the user and now needs to verify obvious issues. Which two action should the technician perform? ( )Choose two)
• Clear the network log files;
• Change the default gateway;
• Verify the computer IP information;• Change the router configuration;
• Check activity on the routers.
02.Which statement is true about network maintenance?
• Cable supports are used to identify the devices to which the cables are connected;
• If a network device is making an unusual sound the device should be turned off immediately;
• Educating users on IT policies and procedures is an example of proactive network maintenance;• Preventive maintenance should not be performed regularly because it interrupts network activity.
03.A technician is concerned that a wireless router is missing current security features. What action could be taken to address this issue?
• Disable the SSID broadcast;
• Check for an updated firmware version;• Configure mixed mode wireless operation;
• Assign static IP addresses to the wireless devices.
04.A company purchases several wireless NICs at a great price. After installing the NICs, they find that the user cannot connect to the 2,4 GHz wireless network. What is a likely cause of the problem?
• The NICs are designed for the 802.11a standard;• The NICs are designed for the 802.11b standard;
• The NICs are designed for the 802.11g standard;
• The NICs are designed for the 802.11n standard via USB;
05.In Internet Explorer, after choosing Tools and then Internet Options, which tab would a user select to set the browser to prompt before downloading potentially unsafe content?
• net continue;
• ipconfig /renew;• nbtstat /new.
07.Which three ports are used by SMTP, POP and IMAP ? (Choose three)
• 25• 69
• 110• 127
08.A technician has been asked to install a second optical drive in a computer. The technician will need to configure the drive as slave. How can the technician accomplish this desired configuration?
• Use jumpers on the motherboard to configure the drive as slave;
• List the drive as slave in the CMOS;
• Connect the drive after the twist in the PATA cable;
• Use jumpers on the drive to configure the drive as slave.
09.Which protocol provides secure transport of data from the company web server to remote users?
• HTTPS• NetBEUI
10.The network technician is researching the best way connect the branch offices to the main office. What are three main considerations that the technician should remember when choosing an Internet connection? (choose three)
• availability;• distance;
• operating system;
11.Which action should a user take to ensure that personal information that is entered into a website form is not retained on the computer?
• Clear the browser history;
• Change the default browser;
• Reset the file sharing permissions;
• Delete the temporary Internet files.
12.ABC Computer Company is in the process of planning a network for a new client. A network technician has been asked to perform a physical inspection of the facilities to determine the flow of data and protocols required by the client. What is this inspection called?
• data inspection;
• logical survey;
• plant inspection;
• site survey.
13.A user is reporting intermittent loss of connectivity to the network. No other users have reported similar issues. What preventive maintenance task would likely identify the problem?
• Listen for unusual sounds from the core network devices;
• Ensure that all switches have the latest firmware installed;
• Check for a damaged network cable at the user workstation;• Verify the attachment points between network devices in the core of the network.
14.A user is receiving e-mail on a regular basis from a particular person. A problem occurs when the e-mail from this same person contains an attachment. What is one solution?
• Ask the IT department to permit port 25 through the firewall;
• Request that the person sending the e-mail attach only one picture per e-mail message;• Check DNS settings on the computer used to receive the e-mail;
• Request that the person sending the photographs archive all e-mail messages before sending e-mail.
15.When planning the network in a new bulding, the technician notes that the company requires cabling that can extend up to 295ft (90m) with enchanged banwith support at an affordable price. Which cable type will the technician pick if he chooses the most common type of cabling used on network?
• Cat5e• Cat6A
16.Which two protocols are used to receive e-mail? (choose two)
• POP3• SSH
17.Which two hazard exist when working with fiber optic cabling (choose two)
• Chemicals;• Copper strands;
• Glass splinters;• Connectors.
18.Students on the college network need to be able to view folder names and data in files stored on the Windows based file server, but should never be allowed to add or save information on the server. Occasionally, the students also need to run media programs to watch videos stored on the server. Which permission should the network technician assign to the students accesing the file server?
• Read;• Write.
19.A new employee needs to transfer files to the corporate FTP server. However, the employee is unable to log in to the FTP server. What is the most likely cause of the problem?
• The employee is using the wrong protocol;
• The employee is using an incorrect username or password;• An incorrect IP address is configured in the FTP client;
• An incorrect port number is configured in the FTP client.
20.What are two ways to assign an IP address to wirekess NIC? (choose two)
• Assign a static address;• Use ARP;
• Use the net command with the static option;
• Use WEP;
• Use the net command with the automatic option;
• Use DHCP.